Sunday, April 15, 2012

Elements of Us

Slow, slow, slow. Our planning has slowed some, which is fine. We've booked all our time sensitive vendors, so now we can slow down. We still have a bit of time to kill anyways. 


We've done a bit of talking about elements of the wedding, such as flower girls. I think we've settled on a decision. We're going to ask to have Rob's little cousins Isabel and Kathryn. They'll be the right age to be young enough to be adorable, but not too young to get shy/cry/not make it down the aisle. And speaking of Rob's family, we still need to send Daniel his house warming card/save the date/please officiate our wedding card.


My mom and I have started talking flowers. I definitely want Gerbera Daisies as one of the flowers. I think I'm also going to do tulips, which are Rob's favorite flowers. My mom has a close friend who happens to be a florist. She's kind of far away to do fresh flowers for us, but she's offered to make us silk flower arrangements. At first I wasn't too sure about this, but the more I think about it the more I've realized, I only care about myself when it comes to flowers. As long as I have a fresh bouquet, The rest can be silk. I think I'd also get Rob's boutonniere fresh, for consistency.But the rest of the bridesmaids bouquets can be silk, the rest of the groomsmen can have silk boutonnieres, and all the arrangements around the wedding can be silk. It will save us money, still look beautiful and as long as i can have fresh, beautiful flowers, everything else will be fine. 


I'm getting together with my bridesmaids again next month to do another round of bridesmaids dress shopping. I did like the ones we kind of settled on last time. If we don't find anything better this second time around then that's what we'll go with. But those dresses don't necessarily fit the image I have for our wedding. I really want something more playful, flowier, and more laid back. The ones we had settled on were sheath style dresses, which just feel too formal. Our wedding is going to be mostly traditional, but we still want it to feel laid back and fun. And strapless, fitted sheath dresses just don't feel that way to me. So we're going to go to New York Bride on May 12th and hopefully find some more options. They carry so many designers for bridesmaids dresses, including the one we settled on last time. So we should have more to choose from. So far Emily is in and Annie is in, which is good since she didn't get to go last time. Crystal and Elaina are both in pending getting out of work. Lauren I haven't heard back from and will have to get ahold of. 


Rob and I got sucked into watching some wedding cake show for hours today. We're both excited to go to cake testings and eat lots of free cake. We talked some about what kinds of designs we might like, but didn't commit to anything, which is fine. I have a feeling no matter what we end up going with, it will be pretty whimsical. I like that though, it fits us as a couple. 


Our wedding is going to be traditional, fun, laid back, whimsical and eclectic. It's going to be the epitome of us and who we are. And I can't wait! Only one year, one month, two weeks and three days left! That's 412 days to go! 



No comments:

Post a Comment