Monday, May 6, 2013

The Home Stretch

Pheeeewwww. Getting there. 

We've been working hard to get the house in order. Lots of little updates and sprucing ups going on. This weekend we added a custom-ish built privacy fence/screen thing to the side of the deck that can be seen from the road. So now it's nice and private. We also put a new fan up on the porch. Got rid of the indoor, brass, rusted out thing that was out there with something actually made to go outside.

 


We also added a wonderful splash of color to our house in the form of our front door. The white and navy color scheme was just too much for us anymore. It's since been given and second coat and had the window scraped. Love it. 



As far as wedding stuff goes, we're really in the home stretch here. We've gotten all but two rsvp's back and we have a general idea of the answers for those, so I've got pretty much our final count for numbers at this point. We're going to sit down this weekend with my parents and Rob's parents and do the seating chart. And speaking of parents, they have totally taken the hotel bags into their own hands and have collected tons of stuff to put in them. Mostly. I need to go to the Chamber of Commerce still and grab some maps and brochure things. But otherwise we'll hopefully be assembling those this weekend too. I made these to go into them as well.




Not sure why I didn't make them match the rest of our stationary. I wish I could redo them, but oh well, I don't care that much. 

I did so much hole punching last night my palm has a bit of a bruise on it. I did the little tags for the favors last night, which I'm hoping we can also assemble this weekend. I see a lot of tedious work for the wedding filling up my Saturday. 

Went and picked up tons of decorations from Sharon this past Saturday. She had the arch decoration and all the chair bows for the aisle done. I got the bouquets and boutineers from her not too long ago too. She's working on putting together our centerpieces for us now. Then we should be pretty set on all our decorations. I'm going to be bringing soooo much stuff over to the Ramada that week before. Holy crap. 

Our meeting with our DJ got bumped back two weeks. We were supposed to meet him Sunday but he had a charity event come up last minute, so we rescheduled for the 19th, which is fine. 

Not much left to do after that. Have to talk with our photographer, our baker, pay the florist and baker, get all this stuff together to drop off. And I really need to get my day of timeline done, but I can't do that until I know for sure about hair and makeup counts and get time frames from my make up artist and hair dresser. I don't know. I have a list, I guess I should look at it. Yikes.

Okay, here's the scary part... only 26 days left. Do you see that? Only. 26. Days. Left. Holy smokes. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice thing about the ceiling fan is they can be utilized indoor and outdoor. With the design that you have here, it looks nice in your porch as it was inside your house because the color is neutral. I notice that its fan blades are unique; they are much bigger than usual. I like it! Thank you for sharing!

    Staci Severns @ Brooklyn Fan

    ReplyDelete