Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pink Decor No More

Oh my gosh. How close we are.

My dress fitting went well-ish. It's too big, way too big. Between ordering up stupidly and losing weight, the seamstress could barely even pin it there was so much extra fabric. So there's that. My next fitting is May 15th and Emily is going to come along for that since my bustle requires two sets of hands, so her and my mom will need to learn that. 

Our RSVP deadline is a week from today. We're still waiting on like 11 or 12 of those to come in, so about 25-30 people still left in limbo. And none came today, so I might start getting cranky if the last few don't come in soon. Once we have them all though, Rob, his mom, my mom, and myself are going to sit down and work out the seating chart together. Then, once we have seating arrangements made, Rob has kindly agreed to type up the place cards because he is amazing. 

I made our table number things. They came out cute for someone as crafting impaired as myself. 



A little sneak peak for you. Our decorations should come together well. 

I purchased all our favors which came in today, bought myself another different top to wear when getting ready (also came in today!), ordered some more stuff from vistaprint that I needed for welcome bags and favors, and whatever. Who knows. We still need to buy flower girl baskets, something for people to "throw" during the recessional, ties for the ushers. Once some money clears in my bank account I'm going to buy the stuff needed to make our card box and pay the florist in full, 

Also on our to do list at this point is applying for our marriage license and finalizing our music since we have our final DJ next weekend. Things we're currently waiting on from other people is the flowers, decorations, and centerpieces from my mom's friend Sharon who has kindly offered to put those together for us. And we're waiting to get our ceremony back from Daniel with the changes he planned to make to it. 

And, I'm still adding things to my to do list. Not sure how that's possible, but I am. I'm overwhelmed about stuff that's left and the very little amount of time left to do things. 

And on the house front, we finished our bathroom renovation! Plumber came out twice for a leak and it took a bit longer than expected, but it's done and we're ecstatic about how it came out. 







Goodbye pink plastic tile. I will see you in Hell. 




Between the bathroom and kitchen I'm pretty much a master tile worker now. Yup. Missed my calling. 


New floor! No more brown and yellow honeycomb pattern or rouge pink carpet tufts that refuse to come off the floor. So much pink. It's all gone now, thank goodness. And we got a slammin' deal on the floor. Word of advice to all home owners- remnant pile. Yessss!




Loooooove my new bathroom. Totally worth the work and money. A million times over. And, in case you forgot how awful the original was, here's a before and after shot.


And now, finally, the countdown.

We only have 37 days left. 37 days. That's five weeks and one day. That's one month and one week. Only 37 days. Holy crap. 



No comments:

Post a Comment