Thursday, March 28, 2013

Wedding Brain

I feel like at this point in the game I should have more to say. I mean, time is ticking and things are happening. But it's not big ticket items anymore, like booking vendors. It's small things, tedious things, that creep up before you even realize they're there. 

Speaking of vendors, I've spoken to all of them but the baker and florist at this point. But we still have some time. But final talks have begun and it's exciting to nail down final, specific details with them. 

I've spent money. No, that's not meant to be a joke about how stupidly expensive weddings are. I paid the remaining balance for our DJ and lighting, bought a cake topper, bought a cute monogrammed shirt to get ready in that I'm now second guessing. Buying multiples of frivolous details has been a non stop problem for me. But at least if I'm going to be super fickle it's over earrings and shirts, not vendors or other more expensive and difficult things to orchestrate. 

My bridal shower is one week from Saturday. I'm a little sad at the amount of "no" rsvp's Emily has been getting. But I also know how amazing she is and that no matter what it will be wonderful, fun, an spectacular. And I get to spend time with friends and family, so it's still a win. I also have my make up trial that weekend too. So if I like the results I can call and cancel the other girl. 

We've had a steady stream of rsvp's for the wedding and the rehearsal dinner coming back to us since we sent them out. And yes, in case anyone is confused, the rehearsal dinner rsvp card is included in the invitation. Everyone's invited. It's more of a welcome BBQ, so don't be so confused about it, you were all supposed to get one!

Rob has started to seriously book our honeymoon. We are now up to plane tickets, our hotel in San Francisco, a Giants/Toronto and Yankees/Mariners game, and we're looking into Seattle hotels now too. So that's very exciting.

It feels so close and yet still so far away at the same time. I just can't wrap my brain around the dwindling time that's left. I know more stuff has been done since I last updated, but at this point I can never remember when I did what and what stuff I've already mentioned. It all just feels like a blur, moving really fast but also like the days are dragging their feet counting down. I don't know. 

Whew. Okay. Only 2 months and 4 days left to go. Considering we started at 533 days, we're now down to a measly 65 left. Eek! 

No comments:

Post a Comment