Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Final Knot Tying

Time is a tickin'!

We are getting really down to the wire now and it feels like there's a lot to do but at the same time nothing to do. 

We finally crossed buying wedding rings off our list. That is a huge relief as it's been such a difficult process for us. We decided on a card box and now just have to buy the material to "make" it. I also just ordered a cake topper and a cutesy shirt for getting ready in. Because how cute I look is clearly what's important. 

I'm starting to contact vendors for final meetings as well. I just snagged us a date and time the first week in May to meet with our DJ and finalize all our music. I've been in contact with our coordinator about what she needs from us and what questions I have for her. I'll be stopping by the florist on my way home from work today hopefully to just solidify a few things with her. And I fired off an email to our photographer so as soon as I hear back from her that should be everyone except our baker. 

Our invitations went our before I left for Las Vegas the first week of the month. We've gotten a ton of responses back already! Over 50 yes's and only 4 no's so far. I'm so excited to check the mail everyday and I really hope I don't have to track people down after the rsvp date. But that's not until May 1st, so no worries there. One I get at least half back I plan to start labeling place cards and hopefully we can sit down and start doing our seating chart together. 

I'm going to have to give Rob a big kiss at some point because he's been wonderful in all the planning. Involved and opinionated, but letting me run with a lot of it. That said, almost all the decisions have been joint up to this point, so I'm happy to say I can't wait for our wedding. 

The next big thing on the docket is probably the ceremony. I asked Daniel about it not too long ago, but we don't have anything for that planned yet other than a reading and writing our own vows. Sooooo, I might start to worry soon if we don't get a jump on that. But otherwise it looks like all the big stuff is really taken care of.

We've also started to book honeymoon stuff too. We're hoping in another week or so to really book most of the stuff for that. Since we're doing a Pacific Coast Road Trip, a lot of individual things need booking, unlike if we did the traditional route of a cruise or an all inclusive place. But that's just not our style and I'm super excited for what we have planned so far on this front. 

My bridesmaids dresses are all seemingly in at this point. I went and tried my dress on with Emily and Annie when they picked their up and tried them on. They came out wonderful and I'm excited about how they look. And I scheduled my first dress fitting for April 17th while we were there. My mom ordered a dress and both dads have been fitted for a tux at this point. All the groomsmen need to be fitted by this Sunday, so hopefully that happens. They've been a little lax about going and getting it done. Sharon is working on our centerpieces, flowers, and other decorations she's doing for us. Things are just coming along. I'm really happy to say we had no major disagreements, no major hurdles, arguments, nothing. Our wedding planning has gone about as smoothly and without a hiccup as I think it's possible for wedding planning to go. So I'm pretty pleased. 

Ahhhh, I can't wait! Only 74 days left to go! That's 2 months, 1 week, and 6 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment