Monday, January 28, 2013

An Invitation to a Shiny New Kitchen

I have house and wedding updates today!

House first I guess. As you may or may not know, our house was built in 1931 and the same couple lived there for 60 of it's 81 years of life. They grew old and passed on there which is evident by the lack of updating over the decades. So this week Rob and I decided we should start tackling some stuff in the house to make it more "presentable" for when people come in June for the wedding. Last night we started off simple by buying and beginning to add new hardware to the cabinets. It already makes a huge difference. 





That was all last nights efforts. Today I went home for lunch to find Rob on the floor installing the last two handles. Pictures from that will come when I get home from work. 

**Here it is!



Our net step is the floor. Hopefully we can go right over the existing vinyl with new roll on. Church's sells fiber glass roll similar to vinyl that floats, so we might go that direction. We're still deciding if putting it in ourselves is doable or if we need to bring in my parents floor guy who works for cheap under the table. Our main concern is the radiator feet, the huge plug bolted to the floor for the stove and the hole we run our lovely extension cord through for the fridge. Cause we're classy folk like that. But no, sometimes you have to make the best out of whatcha got. 

As for the wedding... our invitations showed up in the mail on Saturday! They came out wonderful and holding them makes it feel insanely real that we're getting married soon. 




Aren't they pretty! Tonight I might work on divvying them up and assembling them as well as stamping our return address onto all the various envelops. Addressing them will be for when I get back from DC in two weeks. 

Anyhoo, I think that's about it. Everything I've ordered as late, like my accessories, my garter set, the rock candy, it's all showed up. We still have A TON left to do and I'm starting to stress a bit about how much of it is left compared to the time left. But I'm sure it'll all work out in the end. 

We're down to only 124 days left. That's 4 months and 4 days to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment