Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Accomplishments Abound

Holy cow, we're getting a lot done lately!

We had a menu tasting and details meeting on Friday at our venue. Our new coordinator is awesome. She's young and full of ideas and caught right on to our sense of humor and what we wanted out of our wedding. 

We set our menu. We're going all out with the plated dinner and I think people are going to be very happy with the choices. Everything tasted amazing and I can't wait. We bought some extra appetizers too so people should be nice and well fed. 

Our hotel is booking up fast! I had to beg for them to set 10 more rooms aside. I also booked a suite for me and all my girls for Friday night since all the guys are staying at our house. 

I ordered place cards that match our save the dates. A girl from the June 2013 board on TK is designing our invitations to match as well for a fraction of the cost from what the website wants, so I'm pumped about that. She sent me a first round of drafts to pick from last night and I'm excited to hopefully order those next week. 

My dress came in! It came in last week, so I went last night to try it on. It looks great in white as opposed to the ivory of the sample gown. I also bought cute dangley earrings to wear and we ordered me a veil last night too. So that'll be come in in about a month or two. But my dress is too big, which I knew was going to happen. I knew I should have ordered the sample size. But it is what it is and in April I'll have them take it in for me. 

Friday Rob's mom is coming to see us and we're going over to DTO's to pick out our catering menu for the rehearsal dinner. 

Rob's cousins said they think they've found potential flower girl dresses. All my bridesmaids have ordered their dresses. Rob and his guys are going to start looking at suits the second weekend in February. 

Emily and my girls seem to have my shower pretty underway and invitations for that are apparently going out at the end of the month. Glad we got all our registering out of the way two weeks ago. 

Ahhh, things are moving right along. It's amazing. It feels so close and soooo far away at the same time. 

We only have 136 days left! That's 4 months, 2 weeks and 2 days to go. I can't believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment