Sunday, December 2, 2012

Decisions

So, a lot of decisions being made right now.

First off, I scheduled our menu tasting and details meeting with our venue for January 11th. That give my parents enough time to make adjustments to their work schedules since it's a Friday. So this is exciting. Our new coordinator sent us a semi overwhelming list for the details meeting to make sure we have answers to when we meet. So I need to sit down with Rob and go over it as well as speak with my parents about a few of the things on it. 

Another decision we made was to switch from a buffet dinner to a sit down dinner. The package we want that has all night open bar and the works only comes as a sit down dinner. The next package down with a buffet option has a pretty limited time frame for the bar, and we want the roaring party after dinner, so bar time it is! I only wanted a buffet because I'm a picky eater, but since I get to dictate the menu, it doesn't matter. Plus, sit down dinners feel classier. 

The next big decision we made is wedding rings. This is something we've both waffled over since we first got engaged a year ago. Rob has finally made up his mind about getting a meteorite ring, which I'm happy about. It's what he really wanted and he has to wear it forever and be happy with his decision forever, so I'm really glad he finally said definitely to the ring. For me, I can't find anything that fits next to my engagement ring. Nothing. The ring is too big and to awkwardly shaped. When Rob's mom gave him the ring to give to me she offered to have the guard removed and he said to leave it intact. The day we got engaged she told me I could take it off if I wanted and said no, I love the ring as is. But when push comes to shove, it's very important for me to have a wedding ring that Rob and I go pick out to symbolize our marriage. So we've decided that I'm going to have the guard taken off and just wear the white gold, five stone original engagement ring and we'll give the guard back to Mary. When we brought it up to her over the weekend she sort of chuckled and said she was surprised I'd kept the guard on this long and that she didn't mind if I had it taken off. So that's on the docket for the end of this month after we get back from Daniel's wedding.

Speaking of, Daniel's wedding is in two weeks and we leave to drive to Chattanooga in a week and a half. I'm really excited to go, see Rob's family, take a trip together, and just enjoy someone else's wedding. 

Sooo, we passed the six month mark yesterday! We have 5 months, 4 weeks and 2 days left to go. That's a mere 181 days! Ahhhh, what happened to the 550+ days we started with!? 

No comments:

Post a Comment