Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Party Time!

Oh my, I've been meaning to write, but I've been busy! We have finally finished the deck. A few balusters left to stain and one more lattice sheet to go up underneath to keep butthead puppy from going under and digging, but it's done. We even bought fancy furniture to put on the deck. 


We put up cute color lights around the umbrella too. Looks like a stock photo out of a BB&B catalog. We're good like that.

Before and after of the back of the house. Yeah, that took two and half months, but it was worth it.

Also not wedding related, work has been busy! The Ontario county educator got a job offer elsewhere and money talks. And they needed her IMMEDIATELY. Like they called her and asked her to start the next day. She stuck out that week, but she was gone after Friday. So my boss has me covering Ontario and Yates county right now until we hire a new educator. And when we do, they'll take over Yates from me and I get to move into Ontario. No more commuting! My office is only a few blocks from our house and I get to work with people again! No more endless hours in an office all alone anymore. 

Wedding related, not much. We have a cake tasting scheduled for the 16th that I need to change. I forgot I have to be in Syracuse that day to watch Cloe while my parents are down in NYC for a Yankee game. Talked to our photographer a bit about an additional photo shoot. I reallllly, need to get a jump on finding a florist. OH, I also emailed our DJ and asked him to add doing the music for the ceremony to our contract. We originally only booked him for the cocktail hour and reception. But we need him for the whole day. Haven't heard back yet, but since he's the most highly sought after DJ in the region, I'm not taking it personally. I'll call him in a few weeks if it's still no return email. I know he's busy.

That's my news for now I guess. All our friends are coming this weekend for an early birthday bash for Rob. He turns a whooping 29 next week. What an old man he is =P

In my usual fashion, 270 days left. Or 8 months and 4 weeks. Sooo close. We were over 500 days away like yesterday, I swear. The time is getting away from us!

No comments:

Post a Comment