Monday, September 24, 2012

Butter Cream Let Downs

I've been meaning to post for a while now. Oops.

I've been insanely busy at work. It's calming down now. Covering two counties has me running all over the place and consequently I've left a program I need for tomorrow in Yates County. But I have zero desire to go get it, so I'll plan something else instead and we'll do that program the following week. I've also started to let some of the Yates programming slip, since it's not going to be my county much longer and I'm losing my interest in the back and forth nonsense. My boss extended the formal job offer to a girl I graduated college with, but she has to relocate, so it may still be a few weeks or so before she starts. No rest for the weary I suppose. 

As for wedding stuff, it's been slow. There isn't much more to right now until after the holidays other than securing a baker and florist and taking our long over due engagement photos. We went to another cake tasting yesterday with my parents and we were all pretty disappointed. Her cakes tasted generic and out of a box, she didn't make any fillings for us to try even though she told us she made the peanut butter filling as I asked for. She also said she'd have three cakes with all the flavors I asked for and instead we go one cake, no fillings, only plain white and chocolate cake with plain buttercream on half and peanut butter buttercream on the other half. She kept pushing us for specific design details, which we don't have yet, and she can't do a "cake boss" style grooms cake. So, she's out. My parents told me to make another appointment at Bagels and Cakes, where we went last time and we'll go eat more cake there and put down our deposit with Lori. 

I told my mom I'd make a florist appointment for October sometime for her and I. I also ordered one of those cute custom hangers for my dress. It's made of cherry wood and will say "Mrs Fields", which is exciting. 

Our engagement photos are the next hurdle. We were supposed to do them like a month ago, but rescheduled for October 13th. We picked that date because the camp 5K is also then so we'll be in Syracuse anyways. But Annie made her birthday shindig for that afternoon now, so it might be hard for us to get Scott to get back out to camp after the race to take them. He's running it with us, but we'll want to go home and shower first then go back. So who knows. It's frustrating. 

Anyways, that's enough for now. 

250 days left until the wedding. That's 8 months, 1 week and 1 day. Woo!

1 comment:

  1. We're getting our engagement photos done October 12th, a day before you! :)

    ReplyDelete