Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Playing Catch Up

Oh gosh, a lot has happened since my last post. I've been soooo busy lately with everything. Wedding planning, working full time, school, building an enormous freaking deck on our house. I'm so tired.


Wedding related things, go!


Trying to find someone to bring on site to do at least my make up for the day of. It's been difficult to say the least. The first girl I contacted I was totally set to book. She came highly recommended from the CNY board on The Knot and a bunch of girls there used her and raved about how awesome she was. She's out of Rochester which is fine by me. But her Saturday on site minimum was $500! Plus $1 per minute of travel (about $120) plus taxes and tips. It'd end up costing like $800. There was just no way I could ever spend that much for make up. So I booked a consultation with a girl in Canandaigua who is much cheaper. I can have her do come out and do my make up day of and everything will be about $100. She doesn't do airbrushing which is kind of disappointing, but for a $700 savings, I can live without it. Though I have to call and reschedule the consultation because I accidentally made it for my triathlon weekend.


Rob's mom and I talked with Dana, the owner over at DTO's and we're pretty sure we'll have her coming to cater our pre-wedding rehearsal picnic in the park. So that's exciting. We booked a pavilion big enough for our whole guest list and we're going to extend the invitations to include an rsvp to this to anyone who would like to join us.


I went wedding dress shopping. It was kind of disappointing. I had fun and there were so many pretty dresses, but I've been drooling over a specific dress since I saw it at a bridal expo in January. I tried it on and loved it and so did everyone who was with me. But it's over budget. The second dress I liked is much more budget friendly, but I'm really concerned about the cut height of the waist, mostly because I'm very insecure about being bottom heavy. My mom and I are going again on the 27th, so we'll see how that goes. I need to make a decision soon since I'm quickly approaching the ten month mark and dresses take on average six to eight months to come in plus a month or so time frame for alterations.


I also ordered bridesmaids gifts and ten bouquets silk flowers for bridesmaids bouquets and decorations. I felt like I was behind for a while there. We booked a lot of big vendors so early then didn't have much else to do for a while and then the year mark came and went and I realized we still had things to book. Now we just need to finalize that caterer for the RD, find a baker and a florist, and Rob needs to still formally ask his cousin to officiate. He needs to get on that. I'll pester him this weekend.


We are officially ten months and two weeks away, or 318 days. Whichever you prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment